We believe Bayhill is a community. To build community releationships within their grade level, each class takes separate class trips.
- Towards the end of September, Freshman participate in a half-day ropes course in Strawberry Canyon. UC Berkeley students from Cal Adventures guide students through a challenging outdoor confidence building, team activity consisting of high and low elements. While some activities take place on the ground, others are above the ground. These challenges are constructed in trees and require a belay for safety and trust in fellow students and themselves. Each year we are proud of the freshman who step up to the challenge and support their peers.
- In May, Freshman spend a day biking through Point Pinole. Trips for Kids in San Rafael have been guiding students and a few staff members through this sometimes challenging course for the last 6 years. Students enjoy the beauty of the park and bay, while getting vigorous exercise and a little instruction on the benefits of exercise. We usually wrap up with a hardy meal at In-and-Out Burger.
- Our 10th grade class looks forward each year to a three day camping trip at Samuel P. Taylor in Bolinas. In addition to rough camping in tents, students enjoy kayaking, hikes, and bonfires. All students help with food prep, cooking and clean up, working together to have an enjoyable event. Though a bit dirty and tired, they always return closer knit as a class and equally connected to the staff members attending the trip.
- In May, Sophomores also spend a day biking through Point Pinole. Having enjoyed the trip so much as freshman, the sophomores have always insisted on another day with Trips for Kids. Students enjoy the beauty of the park and bay, while getting vigorous exercise and a little instruction on the benefits of exercise. We usually wrap up with a hardy meal at In-and-Out Burger.
- Juniors finish out their year with a day of bonding at Lake Chabot. Boating and kayaking and Mr. Trevigne’s barbecue make for an enjoyable one day event.
- Juniors also experience local college campuses, getting a feel for campus life at two and four-year institutions in our local area.
- As graduation nears, seniors celebrate their accomplishments with a three day trip to a beach house in Bolinas. This is a time to relax with classmates and reminisce about their four years at Bayhill. Hikes, kayaking, and star gazing from the hot tub provide a much earned vacation for our soon to be graduates.