Summer School is June 20, 2016 – July 22, 2016, Monday-Friday 9:00 AM to 1:15 PM. It is offered as a three or five-week program for credit recovery courses, skill development courses, and enrichment courses. Courses that are offered vary based on need and enrollment. Non-Bayhill High School students need to submit both the application and registration, and be accepted to the program. Application and Registration are due by May 15, 2016.
Credit Recovery Courses
- English – Grades 9-12 (Offered both Periods 1 & 2)
- World History & Geography – Period 1
- U.S. History – Period 2
- Algebra 1 – TBA
- Geometry – TBA
- Algebra 2 – TBA
*All of the above courses are A-G Approved by the U.C. system.
5 Unit Course is 2 hours per day, 5 days a week for 5 weeks, unless otherwise noted.
Students can recover up to 10 Units.
Period 1: 9:00AM – 11:00AM
Period 2: 11:15AM – 1:15PM
Skill Development Courses
- Intensive Reading & Writing – Develop decoding, reading fluency, comprehension and writing
- Math in Everyday Life – Everything from measurement for baking and building, to calculating sales, tax rates, saving rates, and tipping.
Students may earn 1 Unit of Elective Course work per week (10 hours).
- 3D Print Old School – Use cutting edge materials like platinum silicone along with centuries old mold making techniques to create 3D designs (3 weeks, 2 hours/day M-F)
- Yoga & Art – (3 weeks, 2 hours/day M-F)
- Graphic Design – (3 weeks, 2 hours/day M-F)
3 Elective Units earned per class. Enrichment Classes run June 20 – July 8.
For more information or questions call Donna Austin at (510) 984-0599.
Summer School Application (Non-Bayhill students only)